St. Louis-based electrical distributor Graybar has named Steve Stone vice president of its comm/data business.
Stone has been with Graybar for more than 12 years, serving in several sales and management roles, most recently as director of comm/data sales for the distributor's Pittsburgh region. He has a bachelor's degree from the University of Pittsburgh and is also a graduate of the Graybar/Rutgers Supply Chain Management Program.
Graybar specializes in electrical, communications, and networking products and has nearly 240 distribution facilities in North America.
In other electrical industry news, the National Association of Electrical Distributors announced its 2010-2011 board of directors this week. Jack Henderson, executive vice president of Hunzicker Brothers, Inc. in Oklahoma City, was named chairman of the board. Henderson is a 40-year industry veteran who's held many leadership positions within NAED, including chairman of its Government Affairs Policy Committee and vice president of the association's Western Region Council in 2008-2009.
Other board members for the coming year are:
- Chair-Elect: Robert Reynolds Jr., Graybar, St. Louis
- Past Chair: Burt Schraga, Bell Electrical Supply, Santa Clara, Calif.
- Eastern Region Chair: Fil Cerminara, F&M Electric Supply Co., Danbury, Conn.
- South Central Region Vice President: Ray Womack, Womack Electric Supply Co., Burlington, N.C.
- Western Region Vice President: Rocklan Lawrence, National Electric Supply Co., Albuquerque, N. Mex.
- Eastern Region Vice President-Elect: Dan Nitkowsky, Mars Electric Co., Willoughby, Ohio
- South Central Region Vice President-Elect: Maureen Barsema, BJ Electric Supply, Inc., Madison, Wis.
- Western Region Vice President-Elect: Andrew Akers, D&S Electrical Supply Co., Pocatello, Idaho
- Finance Committee Chair: Daniel Durgan, Springfield Electric Supply Co., Springfield, Ill.
- NAED Members At Large: Christopher Hartmann, International Elecgtric Supply Corp., Dallas; Charles Loeb, The Loeb Electric Co., Columbus, Ohio; Peter Bellowar, Colonial Electric Supply Co., King of Prussia, Pa.; Pete Lemman, North Coast Electric Co., Seattle; August Sodora Jr., Swift Electrical Supply Co., Teterboro, N.J.
- Foundation Chair: Sandra Rosecrans, City Electric Co., Syracuse, N.Y.
- Foundation Chair-Elect: Joe Huffman, Consolidated Electrical Distributors, Westlake Village, Calif.
- Manufacturer Representative: Stuart Thorn, Southwire Co., Carrollton, Ga.
- IDEA Vice Chair: Lawrence Stern, Standard Electric Supply Co., Milwaukee, Wis.
- LEAD Committee Chair: Vitto DiMaio, North Coast Electric Co., Bend, Oregon